We are happy to provide a range of consulting and other services, including free initial assessments. For any enquiries, please contact the address below.
- Embedded user interfaces: design / specification, analysis / evaluation
- We can analyse an existing user interface specification to expose obscure scenarios that would be a source of frustrated customers, lost time in support and bugfixing, or, in safety-critical systems, a hazard and a product recall. Alternatively, we can advise you from the beginning with the specification, design, and implementation to ensure you get a cost-effective and robust solution from the outset, saving you on development and maintenance costs.
- Opinion on applicability of Statestep to a particular system
- If you are wondering whether using Statestep is likely to be useful to you for a particular project, please enquire at the address below. This service can be provided by email, and is free (within reason). You will get an honest assessment - we don't want any unhappy customers! Note: we recommend using secure encrypted email for the transmission of any confidential documents.
- Statestep Support
- Support in using the tool is ordinarily provided by email for commercial licensees and, to a lesser degree, to non-paying users as well.
Those using Statestep to support a full specification methodology
are likely to benefit from experienced advice and assistance.
This can help to:
- avoid time-consuming misconceptions and misunderstandings
- adapt the method to particular project needs
- Inspection of Statechart and other state machine models
- If you've looked at the problem scenarios discovered in a published digital watch model (Documents), it may have occurred to you that the act of transforming a standard FSM model into a Statestep model could be used as a means of systematic validation, exposing errors which may not be found by inspection, testing or model checking. This can generally be done off-site.
- Requirements Specification
- Help with a particular project would typically involve us working as part of your team on a Statestep model. This can be used as way of learning on the job or simply as a way to quickly secure the advantages of Statestep for a particular project, without additional internal resources. In the latter case, we might even work separately on the Statestep model, in parallel with your usual process.